Public Relations lessons from the corporate trenches.
This hands-on, one-day workshop will introduce you to key concepts and principles that will help your organization get its message across. You’ll learn practical techniques and time-tested tools that will help you create effective communication plans for situations that NGOs commonly face.
In this workshop, you’ll learn how to:
- define the role of Public Relations
- identify different stakeholder groups and audience and assess how to address them
- design a PR plan and learn how to measure and evaluate its outcomes
- understand the role of ethics in Public Relations
- use social media for different audiences
- carry out effective media relations and build relationships with journalists
- write for offline and online media
Who is it for
Press Relations Officers, Social Media Coordinators, and anyone else in dealing with the media or communicating directly to the public.
- One-day, classroom instruction with hands-on training exercises using real-life examples from NGO Public Relations scenarios
- A binder with the training materials
- Morning and afternoon coffee and tea breaks
- Networking lunch